a photo journal of recent travels and everyday happenings.


Monday, August 6, 2012

10 Months and a Whole Lot More!

Oh My Goodness!  Here is my 10 month post even though Bernadine is almost ONE YEAR OLD!!!  In some ways this year (especially the past 5 months) have just dragged by but when I think back to the day Bernie was born, it seems like yesterday.

A LOT has gone on and a lot has changed since my last update.  Bernie and I are living in Bloomington.  On Monday I will start my 6th week of student teaching.  I really do love it.  The kids are amazing and they are the people that keep teachers sane and keep them in the profession!  Since my case is a bit unique, student teaching outside of Chicago and in the Fall, not the Spring, it has been a bit disorganized.  My cooperating teacher Lisa and I have been playing it by ear and so far I am happy with my experience.  I am ready for a bit more structure and plan for my complete take over of the classroom!

Tony is in Monterey, California and he just started class this past Thursday.  He has sent pictures and it looks absolutely gorgeous.  I CANNOT WAIT TO MOVE THERE!!! We are visiting the weekend after Bernie's birthday.

Bernie has been doing great.  She has definitely started the beginning phases of walking.  She can walk forward if she's holding onto something and she has taken one teeny tiny baby step here and there.  She says "dog", "papa", and "dada", I'm not sure what happened to the first 'word' she learned, MAMA, but she doesn't say that one anymore.  She is a climber!!  Oh my goodness, she can climb down the stairs, on and off chairs, she can even get off of my bed on her own.  She has really gotten close to her Grandma, who takes care of her three days a week, and to Uncle John who has been around to help out now and then.  I found a dream boat of a 'babysitter' for Thursdays and Fridays.  A former special ed teacher who now stays at home with her 9 month old daughter, Campbell.  Her husband Todd teaches at Lincoln College and is home to help out by 2 every afternoon.  Bernie LOVES being with Ciara, Campbell, and Todd, sometimes she cries when I take her home!  

This past week we have all been sick with the flu.  First me, then mom, dad, Bernie, and finally John.  Seeing Bernie sick broke my heart but she's on the mend and getting back to her happy little self.

These pictures are from July and August.  There is so much more to see and to tell.  For now, here are our July/August Adventures (in no particular order):

By Bernie's 10th month we were all settled in Bloomington.



Bernie and I were able to spend 3 days at the Big House in Wisconsin.  Bernie loves the water so it was a treat to watch her explore.  







 The highlight of our summer was going to Tony's graduation in San Antonio.  It was a really big celebration!  He graduated in the top 10 percentile of his class of 735 people and was rewarded as an Honor graduate.  We spent the first day and half on base and the other day and half at the house that Perry and Sherry rented for us.  Right now that weekend seems so far away!!!  We are VERY proud of Tony.

I spent a weekend back in Iowa City (sans Bernie) to go to Ben and Nikki's wedding.  I stayed out til 1 am (!!!) and got to hang out with a lot of old friends.


At the end of July Bernie and I went to the Neitz family reunion at State Farm Park in Bloomington.
We spent another afternoon with Ellie, Bernie's birthday buddy, and her amazing mother Alicia.
And it looks like our 2nd trip to Des Moines will be last!  These pictures were taken at my friend Kevin's apartment.  Kevin and his boyfriend had us over for brunch with surprise guests Hannah and her little girl Ellie!  We also had a great lunch with Chris Fritz and Jared, and of course spent the majority of the time with Kibby and the twins. (who are STILL cookin' in Kibby's ever growing belly!)

I'm glad this is finally done!  I have been so busy I wasn't sure if I would ever get around to it!!  I hope to have the time for another update that will include Bernie's first birthday and our trip to California!

No comments:

Post a Comment