a photo journal of recent travels and everyday happenings.


Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 30th, 2010




I stayed an extra day in Chicago and boy am I glad I did! To give you a mini break down of the apartments we saw: one was a basement which equals an automatic no for me, one was too expensive and not worth it, and one smelled like a barn. There were 3 apartments that we had it narrowed down to. #1: A completely-stunning-in-every-way 3 br in Logan Square, right on Logan Blvd. The catch: too expensive and the landlord specified they only wanted 2 occupants for this 3 bedroom place.

#2: a place at 2843 N Clark above a record store, two blocks from the beach, and in our price range (even with covered parking). The catch: it was gross inside. Too gross to trust that the landlord would have it all cleaned and fixed by August.

#3: A Loft right in the heart of boomin'-Bucktown. The catch: too early of a move-in date and a flighty landlord.

Which one did we choose? ((this is so like that show "House Hunters")) We chose apartment #4! We saw it today and it is in the middle of just about everything. Mid-range rent, Mid-range location, and middle of the road looks. BUT it has everything we wanted and I think we'll feel quite at home.

3620 N Hermitage #3 Chicago, IL 60613 ---> that's us! ((google map us if you're interested))

I didn't get pictures of ANY apartments, but most of you will see thee one in person. Today's pictures consist of a Thai food lunch with Britt and a shot of the city on my way out of town.

No comments:

Post a Comment