The wireless internet is set up in the new apartment and I have a free minute so now is the time to upload these pictures! I don't think I took a picture for even half of the days in the past two months, so I'm only going to post the highlights.
These two were taken at work. The first is when Farm Truck Chicago came to teach the kids about gardening and eating healthy. A lesson that these children desperately need. The second is of my boys in their soccer huddles getting ready to play a game in the parking lot.
A pre-baby shower dinner at Cafe Orchid with friends Nikki, Erica, and Mollie in from Iowa City. Krisann and her friend in from Texas joined us. Having my lady friends make the trip for the shower was definitely the highlight of my weekend. I also got to go wedding dress shopping with Nikki and attend the bridal shower of my fellow Lorenz Boot Shop alum, Devra.
The Chicago Baby Shower: July 16th
Courtney made 36 vegan cupcakes for the party. They were a big hit! Genesis even ate a few.
The living room was all set up for our over night guests.
Tony had friends come from Iowa too! Bret, Ian, and...
Red peppers that never turned red
Tomatoes that eventually ripened
Peas! They were prominent early on, but then the whole crop dried out and died. We were able to share a few helpings of steamed pea pods and green beans before they went to pot.
Some belly shots:
Noticing my shadow. This was probably 6-8 weeks ago, so around 28-30 weeks along
Around the same time, 30ish weeks.
After the move and in the middle of unpacking. About 33 weeks.
The only two pictures I took at the Big House:
All of the cousins gathered around the picnic table with Uncle Bill manning the grill.
A nice shot of the lake.
We were able to spend 3 days at the Big House this year. Aunt Ann and Cousin Olivia hosted a wonderful baby shower and we had a birthday party for my Grandma, who turned 80 on July 3rd, and the rest of the summer birthdays: my dad, brother, and cousins Emily and Griffin. It was the first time all summer that I had gone swimming and it felt wonderful. I missed out on tubing and skiing for the first time in probably 20 years!
My last night at the old apartment, July 29th. Very bittersweet. I've been over to spend time with Nancy and Krisann about 3 times per week since I moved. I'm really going to miss being so close to them but I know I have made two lifelong friends.
G is really going to miss me.
Nancy laughing with the sunset.
Cousin Lori and Aunt Carol hosted a wonderful baby shower in Bloomington on August 13th. Several of my aunts and cousins came from my dad's side of the family. My 4 best friends from high school came and two of my mom's good friends. It was a really wonderful afternoon. Lori put together a game of bingo to play while I was opening gifts and it kept everyone interested. I got so many of the practical gifts that I was needing! Bottles, diapers, a stroller, more diapers, a pack and play, and the incredibly cute crib set that we picked out. I only got two pictures.
My mom and I with the delicious cake and matching napkins!
Another cake. This one is made of diapers! I learned what size 1 and 2 means :)
Recently, I spent a nice afternoon downtown with Eric, Melissa, and little Griffin. The next afternoon Melissa accompanied me to my birthing class. It was very, very nice of her to spend her Saturday afternoon in the City cooped up in a hospital.
Griffin is a little fish! He has no fear of the water.
Some pictures of the new neighborhood: Lincoln Square
There's a nice little farmer's market every Tuesday morning and Thursday evening. It's about a ten minute walk from the apartment.
The actual 'Square' reminds me a lot of Iowa City. I get to walk right through it on my way to or from the L.
An apothecary in the Square. Similar, but not as good as Iowa City's The Soap Opera.
There's a small pedestrian mall in the Square that hosts a free concert series every Thursday all summer long.
The new street! With a different sort of warning.
And last, but not least, the new apartment as it looks today, September 1st, 2011:
2314 W Winnemac
The baby's room/guest room
The other side of the baby's room. It's tiny but lovely.
The view of the main room standing at the front door
The main room from the dining room
The dining room where I do my yoga every morning
The tiny room manages to fit a small table in the corner
The kitchen.
The second bedroom is off of the kitchen and there is a short hallway that leads to the bathroom and the back door. It's really starting to feel like home!
Phew, longest post ever! I'm not sure that I'm in the mood to continue taking a picture every day. That does not mean that I'm going to give up on the blog all together. I have a feeling that I'm going to have a new inspiration very soon :) I'm 36 weeks along. One more week and I'm considered full term! There will be more pictures and exciting updates to come so stay tuned!
It is so good to see life on this blog again. :) I've missed your creative shots of each day. The perspective you have of the everyday things is so neat. I loved this post!! You're new apartment is SO cute, warm and inviting. The babies room is precious! Enjoy this beautiful long weekend.
ReplyDelete