a photo journal of recent travels and everyday happenings.


Thursday, August 25, 2011

35 Weeks...

I know, I know STILL no pictures. I want all to know that I am doing okay. Since the last time I wrote my job at Chase Elementary ended on a good note. I'm going to stay on as a substitute at the after school program for the up coming school year. I have everything squared away to take a leave of absence at the hotel. I'm going to be off of the schedule until the end of October and then hopefully I will snag a few holiday shifts before things in the catering business go completely dead for the winter.

All of my professors are aware of my due date and two of them have sent me the syllabus so I can try and get a head start. With one more week until the fall semester starts, all I can really get done is to set up some field experience in an actual classroom. So, school starts on September 6th and the baby comes 22-ish days later!

The apartment has turned into a wonderful home. I have everything unpacked and in place. The baby has a nice room that she will move into in a few months. All of her clothes and sheets are washed, toys, pack n' play, and swings are set up and ready to be used!

Melissa accompanied me to a 7 hour birthing class. We both agreed it was about 3 hours too long but for me it was a nice little reality check. Now, I'm thinking about how many times per day she will need to be fed, how many dirty diapers will need to be changed, but first and foremost where to go when I go into labor.

I've been seeing the doctor every two weeks and after my appointment next week I'll be going in every week. All appointments have brought only good news.

Lori and Carol threw me an amazing baby shower in Bloomington on August 13th. I was able to see cousins, aunts, my mom's good friends, and all of my wonderful friends from High School. We got a lot of great, thoughtful gifts too. We are starting quite a diaper collection!

Right now I'm in Iowa City. Tony's parents have generously offered to have my car fixed up. It had a few problems but it's going to be winterized and baby ready.

I promise that there will be pictures ASAP. Until then, I must say that I have felt so blessed through out my entire pregnancy. My family and friends have done some really amazing things for me and my daughter is so lucky to be coming into a world with all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment