This is my roommate Jen and her boyfriend Brett! They made the most mouth watering breakfast and were very gracious to invite me to join. The menu: the best-french-toast-I've-ever-had made with the most thick, chewy, just-a-tad-sweet bread, and topped with our choice of powdered sugar, maple syrup, blueberry syrup, peaches, and bananas. Perfectly crisp bacon (I ate 4 pieces!) And orange juice for me and coffee for them. It was, as Jen would say, "Epic."
The middle of the day was filled with school work. Courtney O. and I worked on our unit plan for Social Studies and then Courtney M. joined us as we drove to the south side to help out at an after school Science program.
The artist, Joshua, talking to adoring fans.
That night I went to an 'art unveiling' of sorts for Mr. Shua. His artwork is now on display at a most fantastic thrift store called Clothing Optional. It's always been a dream of mine to own my own store someday, and this one comes very close to the vision in my head.
No comments:
Post a Comment