a photo journal of recent travels and everyday happenings.


Wednesday, August 25, 2010

August 22nd, 2010

Happy birthday to my wonderful Father! My Dad is the biggest White Sox fan I know, but I went to a Cubs game with Eric on his birthday. Even though it was the wrong team, I still had a blast at the game. The weather was absolutely perfect! Eric was able to reunite with his old College roommate, Yoshi. We ate Penny's Noodles, tang chicken pizza and drank a few Old Styles. Wrigley was PACKED and even though the Cubs lost 14-3 (ouch!) it seems like everyone still had a great day at the ballpark.

Brittany and I drove back to Iowa on Sunday evening. I was able to see Tony and go to the Mill employee party. Brittany's parents gave her many beautiful things for us to bring back to Chicago. Our apartment is really shaping up and looking more and more like a home!

Here are some pictures of my day with Eric and Yoshi:





The view from our seats

Yoshi and me.

The Cubby Bear with an old Fire Station in the back ground.


An open fire hydrant on a hot day.

Yoshi was all about the popped collar.

Our first stop after the game was to Gutherie's. (About half way from my place to Wrigley) Obviously, they had the coolest ceiling EVER! I would do this at my own home if I could.

Navigating the back alleys of Wrigleyville.

Our last stop was Newport Bar and Grill. We met up with a friend of mine from Iowa, ate "tang" chicken pizza and said goodbye to Yoshi.

No comments:

Post a Comment