a photo journal of recent travels and everyday happenings.


Sunday, August 29, 2010

August 28th, 2010

I had orientation at Columbia today. The first half was pretty amazing. They do a good job of getting everyone exciting about the College, Chicago, and all of our amazing peers that attend. I learned that there are only 500 graduate students, so they really encourage the co-mingling of departments. It sounds like I'll have the opportunity to see some really great theatre, film, dance, and art for FREE! Another thing that impressed me was that the whole day was so organized! They had a representative around every corner answering questions and guiding you along to the next step.

Then we broke up into our separate departments and things became a little bit boring and reality set in. There were probably 10 new elementary education students. All of us are SO different. This isn't a bad thing, but I can only see myself really getting along with one other person. Ug, I'm going back to school! I have to do homework and projects! I really am up for the challenge, I'm just hoping it's the right challenge for me.

Walking down our alley way towards the "L" at 7:30 in the morning.

A view of Lake Michigan from the 8th floor of a campus building located at 1104 S Wabash.

This is where all of my classes will be held. 33 E Congress.

My new Student ID!

No comments:

Post a Comment