About the photo: Courtney lives about one mile north of me in a neighborhood called Ravenswood. The L (nicknamed this because it's an elevated train) runs level to the ground out here and each time it crosses railroad lights flash and the barriers lower. This crossing is placed right in the middle of the neighborhood's 'Main Street.' When ever I pass through this area it feels like I'm in a small town waiting for a freight train to pass. There is a small strip of stores with just about everything a small town would have: a mini mart, a bar, a pizza place, a laundromat, a coffee shop, and a few boutiques.
About my day: Courtney has been a godsend. We have to spend 100 hours in the classroom this year either interviewing or observing and so far she has set up everything for us. Today we went back to Chase Elementary and snagged two volunteers from her homework help class to help us conduct our second in-class interview. This assignment focused on using internet games as a learning tool. We each picked out a math game for our student to play then we observed them using the tool and asked them how effective it was. I already feel more comfortable around the kids. This time they were older, 7th and 8th graders. I always thought I would want to teach younger kids but I'm slowly leaning towards junior high.
No comments:
Post a Comment