a photo journal of recent travels and everyday happenings.


Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November 28th, 2010







This Sunday Courtney hosted "Friends"giving. 15 people enjoyed a completely vegan Thanksgiving feast. Courtney provided the appetizer: puff pastry stuffed with tempeh, red pepper, and fennel seed (tasted just like sausage pizza!) the two main dishes: A butternut squash, caramelized onion, and chestnut roast, and pumpkin seed-crusted fried tofu with baked sweet pumpkin, and homemade cranberry relish, and a dessert: ginger bread cupcakes with a lemon 'cream' frosting. Courtney's friend Alicia (everyone who attend was a friend or relative of Courtney's) brought a Mexican style sweet potato drench in brown sugar, Her roommate put together a salad, I made Green beans with sauteed onions and almonds, and another friend brought a vegan cheesecake topped with cranberries. Everything was phenomenal! The best part was that I didn't feel like I was going to explode afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment